Healthy Aroostook coordinates state-certified Responsible Beverage Seller/Server (RBS) Trainings for both off-premise and on-premise liquor licensees in the community. This 4 ½ hour training is designed to provide management, clerks, and wait staff of local businesses with a comprehensive overview of Maine liquor laws with an emphasis on underage and high risk drinkers.
Responsible Beverage Seller/Server Training includes:
- Identification of minors and very intoxicated persons (VIPs)
- Intervention to prevent excessive consumption
- Intervention to prevent a VIP patron from driving
- How alcohol is ingested and metabolized by the body
- What alcoholism is and how alcohol affects the body
- False ID detection and carding policy
- The importance of good written policies
- The Liquor Liability Act
Every attendee who successfully completes the RBS training will be registered with the Maine Department of Public Safety, Liquor Licensing and will receive a certificate of completion valid for five years.
Contact Healthy Aroostook to find out when the next Responsible Beverage Sellers training is scheduled and to register.